* It is recommended to translate the journeys and tips only when they are finished and ready to publish, changing a journey or tip after translation will disrupt the translation.
In order to add a new translation to your journeys and tips, you need to first go on your newired portal in the translations section:
then you need to add a new language and select the language you want to have a translation of :
When you add a language, it will be marked as a draft.
then we need to click on the download icon of the specific language:
This will download a zip package that will contain all the required files to create the translation, as explained below:
- feedback_to_targetLanguage.xliff contains the translations for all the texts you will find in the feedback windows
- journey_sourceLanguage_to_targetLanguage.xliff contains the translations for all the Journeys
- tips_sourceLanguage_to_targetLanguage.xliff contains the translations for all the Tips
These types of files are commonly understood in the translation industry as standard, so translators can actually translate each journey and tip.
If you want to do the translation yourself, we suggest you use products such as Poedit.
Once your files are ready to be uploaded to the Portal, go to the Translations section and click on Upload Translation.
Upload one by one all the .xliff files you translated, if they are correct, newired will tell by validating each file uploaded:
- DO NOT upload a folder or a zip containing the three files
- Files’ names must not be changed, or they won’t be recognized properly by Newired
The last thing to do is to click on the Draft button next to the new language and select Set to Active.
In order to have the new language available for your users, you need now to create a new version and publish it live from the publishing tab: