To update to a new version, you have to download all the necessary files from https://download.newired.com/. You will need the following files:
I. Newired Installers, based on your operation system
II. Database update scripts (part of Newired_Update_19.1.zip)
To update to a new Newired version with an installer, go through the following steps:
1. Backup current DB [newired and report database (C:\Newired\postgresql\bin) ]. On Windows, you can use PGAdmin. On Linux or Windows you can run the command line:
pg_dump -U postgres newired > backup.dump
pg_dump -U postgres report > report.dump
2. Uninstall everything using the Newired Uninstaller (The Uninstaller is separate from the Installer. It is written to the root folder of the Newired installation - C:/newired by default) and drop the existing Newired database.
3. Install the new release using the installer for your operating system.
4. Stop Newired service.
5. Create two empty databases, naming them newired and report, respectively.
psql -U postgres -W -c "DROP DATABASE newired;"
psql -U postgres -W -c "DROP DATABASE report;"
psql -U postgres -W -c "CREATE DATABASE newired;"
psql -U postgres -W -c "CREATE DATABASE report;"
6. Import the dump data from Step 1 using SQL command line:
psql -U postgres -W -d newired < backup.dump
psql -U postgres -W -d report < report.dump
7. Run DB Update scripts:
psql -U postgres -W -d newired < <UPDATE FILE PATH>.sql
As instance, in our case
<UPDATE FILE PATH> corresponds to C:\Users\Newired\Downloads\database_update19.1_to_19.2_newired
So, the final command, is
psql -U postgres -W -d newired < C:\Users\Newired\Downloads\database_update19.1_to_19.2_newired
8. If you want to use Surveys locate your application.properites in Newired web app <tomcat folder>/webapps/newired/WEB-INF/classes/application.properties and fill in your SMTP server details there.
9. Start Newired service.
10. Log in to the Portal, download and install the new Editor version from Download page.
Note: The SQL scripts above assume that the database names are "newired" and "report", and that of the postgreSQL's user’s is "postgres"