Customizing Newired style - Windows
Newired style and color can be modified, in order to better fit the guidelines of the site it overlays.
In order to do that, you need to follow a few, let’s see them together:
- Download the Newired update package from here: https://download.newired.com/ and unzip it
- Inside of it, you will find a file called “newired.war”. .war files are compressed archives that can be unzipped just like any .zip file. Unzip it (you can use any ZIP tool to do that: WinRar, Winzip, 7zip)
- Inside the uncompressed newired folder, go to WEB-INF/classes/launcher/package and open the file called NW_user.css
- Modify the values of the attributes to match your preferences (remember neither to add or remove any properties)
- Save the file
- Zip again the WAR file, after applying all the desired changes. You can do it from Windows Explorer: click with the right mouse button on the unzipped WAR folder, then go to Send To and click on Compressed (zipped) folder
- Delete the old WAR file
- Rename the new zipped folder “newired.war”
- Delete the unzipped version of the changed WAR file. The final update package should look like below.
Notice that newired.war is the file updated by us.
- To complete the customization, you need to follow Newired update process. If you need documentation about it, check this article.