In the WAR file used to set up the portal, there is a default application.properties file.
It is used to set up some settings of your newired portal, e.g:
- different database connection
- level of logging (INFO,DEBUG,ERROR,WAR)
- different path for log files
- changing application version
If you don’t want to use the default .properties file inside the WAR file, you can create a new one from scratch.
In order to do this, make a new file called “newired.properties” in <tomcat folder>/conf folder, so that the application will use this instead of the default one.
Once you’ve created the new .properties file, you need to follow this procedure in order to apply the changes:
- On Windows, run the stop.bat and start.bat files. Both of them are in your portal folder.
- On Linux, run the command systemctl restart newired, from the command prompt.
Here is an example of newired.properties: