It may happen that you play a Journey in Newired Editor and you get following dialog:
What does it mean?
It means that the execution of the Journey was interrupted before its completion. There can be several potential reasons for that:
- The Connection to the Newired server might be missing - please double check that your internet connection is running and the Newired server is running as well. You can do so by opening your Newired Portal on your browser.
- The data on the server and in the editor may not be in sync - please refresh your editor by clicking the refresh button in top left corner and try to play the Journey once again.
- The Step you are playing might not find the element where it is attached to - this is the most common reason for the problem to occur. Please check below for explanation and hints on how to handle this case. In this case, you might want to check how to fine tune the element selection, explained in this article.
Note: Please note that the Warning Dialog appears in all such conditions only in Newired Editor. If the same situation happens for the end user, the warning will not show and the Journey will silently stop.
When the troubleshoot element is not found, make sure you understand which step failed, and then click on its edit button. There might be other reasons for it:
1. The element where the step is linked to is not on the page anymore: reassign the step to an element which is present on the page.
2. The page takes time to load: some pages take a bit more time in order to load completely. To fix this, the step needs a few extra seconds to find the correct element, so we can try to give it some extra wait time in the step parameters.