To update to a new Newired version with an installer, go through the following steps:
1. Backup current DB (newired and report database). On Windows, you can use PGAdmin. On Linux or Windows you can run the command line:
pg_dump -U postgres newired > backup.dump
pg_dump -U postgres report > report.dump
2. Uninstall everything using the Newired Uninstaller (The Uninstaller is separate from the Installer. It is written to the root folder of the Newired installation - C:/newired by default) and drop the existing Newired database.
3. Install the new release using the installer for your operating system.
4. Stop Newired service.
5. Create two empty databases, naming them newired and report, respectively.
6. Import the dump data from Step 1 using SQL command line:
psql -U postgres newired < backup.dump
psql -U postgres report < report.dump
7. Run DB Update scripts:
psql -U postgres -d newired -a -f update.sql
8. If you want to use Surveys locate your application.properites in Newired web app <tomcat folder>/webapps/newired/WEB-INF/classes/application.properties and fill in your SMTP server details there.
9. Start Newired service.
10. Log in to the Portal, download and install the new Editor version from Download page.
Note: The SQL scripts above assume that the database names are "newired" and "report", and that of the postgreSQL's user’s is "postgres"
Important for upgrade to 19.1
There is a new Newired Snippet for 19.1 version. You can find it on Portal, in the Publishing section of the Site. Please copy it from there and update it on your target application.